At Dominion Hospital, we want you to feel comfortable, safe and prepared for your outpatient session or hospital stay with us. We use the latest therapeutic techniques to offer a wide range of care for mental health conditions.
Take time before your upcoming outpatient session or hospital stay to review your insurance coverage and make sure you're prepared to pay your copay or deductible. If you're unsure of your specific coverage, call your insurance company in advance.
Items You Need for Admission
- All active insurance cards
- A list of all medications you currently take
- Photo identification—a picture ID—such as a driver's license
- Advance directives, including a living will, if you have them
- HMO/PPO referral forms, if required
- Medical records or previous test results, if your physician has requested them
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier, if you're covered by worker's compensation
- A check or credit card for deductibles, copayments or deposits
Items You Need for Your Stay
Because our storage space at Dominion Hospital is very limited, we must send your luggage home with family or friends while you stay with us. You'll need to bring:
- Approximately three days' worth of casual, comfortable clothing free of belts, cords, strings, scarves and offensive subject matter (subject to staff discretion)
- Slippers or shoes without laces
- Sweatshirt without drawstrings
- Personal toiletries free of alcohol, glass, metal and cords; some toiletries will be stored for you at the nursing station
- List of phone numbers of friends and loved ones you plan to contact during your stay
Although permissible items differ by hospital unit—and we reserve the right to change restrictions without notice for individual treatment needs—the following items are not permitted anywhere in the hospital:
- Strings, shoe laces, cords
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- MP3 players (iPods and other brands), CD players, earphones, computers/laptops, cameras, video games
- Belts, necklaces, scarves
- Valuables such as wallet, cellphone, jewelry
- Lighters, matches
- Plastic bags, plastic shower caps
- Disposable or straight razors, razor blades
- Spiral notebooks
- Aerosol bottles, perfume bottles
- Personal bedding: pillows, blankets, etc...
Use our lot with convenient and free parking located at the rear of our three-story brick hospital building.
You may request a transfer of medical records by printing and completing the Release of Protected Health Information form*.
* This form is currently being revised and is unavailable at this time.
When requesting behavioral health records, patients who are 14 years of age or older must also sign the form. Mail the completed document to:
2960 Sleepy Hollow Road
Falls Church, VA 22044
Fax the form to (703) 531-6139.
The average processing time for requests is seven business days. If you have questions or special requests, call us at (703) 531-6105.
When your doctor decides you're ready to leave the hospital, you'll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care, such as medication, dietary requirements or recommendations and your next scheduled appointment with your doctor. You'll also stop by the hospital business office to settle your account. Then, you'll be escorted by a hospital representative to your waiting transportation. You may want to arrange with a family member or friend to take you home.
Case Management Services
You may also receive recommendations from our Case Management staff for additional healthcare services to assist you after your hospital stay. We can provide the phone numbers and information, but you, your family and/or significant others are responsible for making all arrangements, including payment.
Explore our programs to address mental health issues in:
- Substance abuse and psychiatric illness (sometimes called dual diagnosis)
- Self-injurious behavior