Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older. Our professional multispecialty team knows about mental health disorders, treatment options and corresponding levels of care.
Call us 24/7 at (703) 538-2872 to get help now.
We listen to your concerns and ask about your medical and psychological history. And we work closely with Dominion Hospital physicians to ensure smooth and timely hospital admission. We collaborate with you to meet your needs, fulfill your goals and prepare you for the day you return home.
To help your registration process flow as smoothly as possible, bring the following items and information with you:
- All active insurance cards
- A list of all medications you currently take
- Photo identification—a picture ID—such as a driver's license
- Advance directive documents, if you have them, such as a living will or durable power of attorney for healthcare decisions; you can also find advance directive forms and learn how to use them free of charge at the Virginia State Bar Association website
- HMO/PPO referral forms, if required
- Medical records or previous test results, if your physician has requested them
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier, if you're covered by worker's compensation
- A check or credit card for deductibles, copayments or deposits
Review, complete and bring with you these essential registration forms, available in PDF:
When you arrive for registration, you'll be asked to sign two more important forms—the Consent for Treatment and the Authorization to Bill Insurance. Although we can't guarantee it, we make every effort to assign an in-network physician when one is available to increase the likelihood of insurance coverage.
Reporting Your Progress to Continue Insurance
Most insurers require that hospitals and other healthcare providers keep them informed about patient progress and the prescribed treatment plan so insurance benefits can continue. With this approach, you're assured of care that's constantly reviewed and improved and that our staff efficiently provides the necessary communication.
Dominion Hospital is committed to keeping your information confidential through strict policies that prevent anyone from obtaining your information from us without your written permission.
Use our lot with convenient and free parking located at the rear of our three-story brick hospital building.
Preparing for Your Stay
- Find the information you need to prepare for your stay—outpatient or inpatient—including what to bring.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as a Dominion Hospital patient.
Our online Health Library gives you the information you need to take charge of your health. Search medical conditions and procedures, as well as the latest health news.
We continually strive to ensure the highest level of patient safety at Dominion Hospital—using best practices, improved technology and increased patient involvement in healthcare decisions. Review our commitment to patient safety.
Billing, Insurance & Financial Information
We accept most insurance plans. Learn more about billing, insurance and other financial services, including estimated costs for medical services and how to pay your hospital bills.
Get Help Now
If you're concerned about yourself or a loved one, get help now. For a free, confidential and immediate assessment of your situation, call our First Step counselors 24/7 at (703) 538-2872.